Tape hair extensions are one of the most popular types of extensions and for good reason.
Not only are they comfortable but they lay flat against your head, making them look like your natural hair. The application process is also really fast, which is an added bonus.
Once you’ve invested in hair extensions, it’s important to take proper care of them. When you don’t give your extensions the proper attention, it leads to damage and hair that looks unnatural and matted.
However, if you do look after them correctly, they can be reused for over a year.
What to do before your appointment
Before your tape hair extensions are applied, you will need to use a clarifying shampoo as this will thoroughly remove any oil and product buildup that can prevent the tape from sticking properly.
Your application can last for up to 6 weeks, after which a maintenance appointment will be required to either replace the bonds or add new strands.
It’s best not to leave tape extensions in for longer than 6 weeks or they could end up damaging your hair.
To find out more about the application of tape hair extensions, visit https://ehhairextensions.com.au/tape-hair-extensions/
How to care for your tape hair extensions
Below are some tips that will ensure your hair extensions are well cared for.
- Avoid washing your hair for 48 hours. It’s important to not wash your hair for at least 2 days after application to allow the tape to dry really well.
- Brush your hair daily. To prevent matting and tangling, it’s important to brush your extensions with a soft bristle brush twice a day. Remember to hold the roots when you brush so that you don’t tug on the bonds. And never brush your extensions when they’re wet.
- Wash your extensions gently. Always be very gentle when washing your hair and never turn your head upside down as this can tangle the extensions. Don’t apply any conditioner on or near the tape or they could slip off your hair. Stay away from any products that contain sulfate, alcohol, oil or ethanol as this will affect the adhesive.
- Dry your hair immediately after washing. Your roots should never stay wet so make a point of drying your hair directly after washing it. Don’t forget to use a heat protection spray to prevent damage.
- Braid your hair before bed. Braiding your hair before bed will prevent your extensions from tangling or matting.
- Watch out for heat. If you will be using any styling tools, never apply them directly to the tape or it will damage the adhesive and your hair.
If you want fuller, longer locks, tape hair extensions are seamless, invisible and look truly natural. Choose Remy hair extensions as they’re made with real human hair and haven’t been processed. They’re a slightly more expensive but well worth the investment.
Speak to your stylist about their recommendations for caring for your tape hair extensions for extra tips.